100% Free, Online Events for Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Want to learn more about cybersecurity? Then you’ve come to the right place.
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and at the UNLV Cybersecurity Bootcamp that means free online events all month long!
Whether you want to learn everyday cybersecurity tips & tricks from our industry experts, sharpen your skills in one of our workshops, or start a new career in this skyrocketing field, we got you covered.
Below is our full lineup of 100% online, 100% free events, but remember: the number of participants is limited. Make sure to sign-up and save your spot today.
The Evolution of Cybersecurity
| On-demand Panel
There’s so much to learn about cybersecurity and the evolving world of online threats! Come join our experts for this 1-hour virtual event and stay up-to-date with the latest in cybersecurity.
- Today’s cybersecurity threat landscape
- What COVID-19 has changed (and what it hasn’t)
- What it takes to thrive and succeed in cybersecurity
- Industry-wide job demand
Identify and Avoid Phishing Scams
| On-demand Workshop
Phishing scams are on the rise! If you want to learn how to protect your sensitive personal data from online scammers, this is the event for you. Our cybersecurity expert, Romeo Gardner, will guide you through a free, hands-on workshop and discuss:
- What Phishing and CatPhishing attacks are
- What Wireless and Evil Twin attacks are
- How to protect your sensitive information
- Alternatives to public WIFI networks
Cybersecurity for WFH and Remote Teams
| October 28th
The sudden shift to remote work made companies and employees more vulnerable to cyberattacks than ever before. Whether you started working from home during the pandemic, or are a business owner with a newly remote-first workforce—this event is for you.
Topics will include:
- Safety tips for WFH employees
- Training employees to prevent data breach attempts
- Hardening remote systems against cyberattacks
- How you can break into the cybersecurity industry
If you liked our Cybersecurity Awareness Month events, you’ll definitely want to sign-up for our On-Demand Webinar Channel. You’ll get exclusive access to recordings of our past events, workshops, and panel discussions on a range of cybersecurity topics.
On the other hand, if you find yourself on this page because you’re looking for an online educational program that can prepare you for a career in cybersecurity, you should reach out to our admissions team and ask them about how the UNLV Cybersecurity Bootcamp can help you gain job-ready skills to become a cybersecurity professional in just 10 months.
The UNLV Cybersecurity Bootcamp offers:
- 100% live, online classes
- Evenings and weekends sessions
- Industry-expert instructors
- Collaborative, virtual learning ecosystem
- Hands-on cyber labs
- Complete in less than a year
- Career services